Allen Memorial Art Museum
HVAC and Associated Systems Renovation - Photo Courtesy Ralph Lieberman
The Albert M. Higley Co. is currently serving as General Contractor for for this 42,960 square foot HVAC and associated systems renovation at Allen Memorial Art Museum on the Oberlin College campus. This $6,000,000 renovation includes an extensive replacement of the Museum’s 30-year old HVAC system (including a geothermal well field), electrical and plumbing upgrades, a new fire alarm system, a limited fire suppression system, improvements to the security system, renovation and addition of restrooms to meet ADA requirements, new and renovated art storage spaces, and additional architectural modifications. The project is scheduled to complete March 2011.
- Museum will close its galleries in phases to remain open as long as possible throughout construction
- Allen Memorial Art Museum is on the National Register of Historic Buildings
- Project is currently scheduled to complete on time and on budget
- We are currently working with the Owner and Architect to achieve LEED® Silver Certification
- Our firm must maintain climate controlled areas throughout the HVAC phase of this project