CORPORATE QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
The Corporate Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for building and sustaining a program within the company to ensure the on-going implementation of commercial construction quality practices, and assessment of the quality culture of multiple projects simultaneously including benchmarking with team members regarding quality best practices. The Corporate Quality Assurance Manager will facilitate quality practices of our project teams, as well as all stakeholders.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that any single individual will possess all of the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Build and sustain a quality assurance program that includes policies and procedures.
- Lead project teams to identify key quality control steps that subcontractors need to take to ensure specification compliance, and then establish quality assurance checks for the CM to complete.
- Assist project leaders in the early review of specifications and prints to prioritize identifiable features of work and to create quality assurance measures to ensure proper installation.
- Conducting proactive field assessments that result in risk reduction recommendations.
- Create a list of and assist with continual training/education for the quality program.
- Create a library of checklist templates for subcontractor and CM inspections.
- Establish and maintain a "best practices" QA manual and other supporting documents.
- Collaborate with internal risk management and external claims department on claims involving construction defects.
- Make recommendations to management for changes in protocol, procedures, or policies based on review of loss trends and field practices.
- Create contract wording to require the trade contractors to take initiative and ownership of their individual quality processes.
- Prepare highly-detailed weekly quality metrics and benchmarking assessment reports, executive dashboards, trends, and key findings and recommendations.
- Over time, build a team of other quality managers to facility the needs of the company’s growth across numerous locations. Train, lead, mentor and organize these professionals to leverage best practices and the most efficient structure.
- This position will be the senior quality manager with direct reports and will have mentoring, coaching, and performance evaluation responsibilities.
- Passion for the core values, ethics, and integrity of The Albert M. Higley Co.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, civil engineering, or other applicable discipline. Advanced degrees in other areas may be acceptable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a professional in the construction Industry with experience as a Quality Engineer/Manager. May also consider a construction project manager or superintendent with 15 years experience that shows career progression with increasing levels of responsibility and has had extensive experience with specific quality management responsibilities.
- Fluent understanding of construction contracts, blueprint reading on various platform like and has had extensive experience with specific quality management responsibilities and comfort navigating though construction specification documents.
- Experience with general building projects including commercial, multi-unit residential, retail, medical, education and/or experience in industrial, infrastructure, and civil projects.
- Experience managing subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Specific technical expertise with building enclosures and/or mechanical systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with construction defect claims and how a CD claim develops, trade contractor involvement, and proven methods to prevent construction defects.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact successfully with field craft workers, management, and executive level personnel. Excellent public speaking skills and presence.
- Strong organizational and technical writing skills.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and simple database management.
Climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, riding in mobile elevated work platforms at heights of up to 80’, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, safely and effectively use power tools, construction site tools, safety equipment, ladders, and scaffolding, utilizing fall protection equipment, entering confined spaces, wearing respiratory protection which requires face to be cleanly shaven, lifting more than 30 lbs. overhead with no difficulty, operating spray test equipment, getting wet, working in bad weather, exposure to extreme noise, heat and cold as well as working in dusty environments, walking on snow covered or icy surfaces.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.