Project Manager / Estimator
The Customer Service Group Self-Perform Project Manager/Estimator (CSG PM/E) role is a professional with previous experience managing one or more projects at any given time. The CSG PM/E is responsible for the satisfactory performance of all AMHigley staff assigned, all applicable sub-contractors, and is expected to achieve project budget, schedule, and profitability goals. He or she leads the project pursuit and estimating and purchasing efforts, administers trade contracts, conducts all project meetings, and prepares all project reports. The CSG PM/E is the Owner's single point of contact for all business issues and contractual requirements. The CSG PM/E coordinates closely with the CSG Superintendent and reports to the CSG Division Manager. He or she will rotate their time between the office and field, visiting their projects/clients several times weekly. Additionally, The CSG PM/E must possess the ability to navigate blueprints, identify carpentry-related scopes of work, and estimate the project costs associated. The CSG PM/E provides exceptional customer service to colleagues in the office and field, owners, owner’s representatives, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, regulatory officials, and other project stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for receiving and interpreting bidding documentation including; construction blueprints, project specifications, scope of work documents, bonding, and insurance requirements.
- Perform quantity takeoff and pricing of all system components, including labor, material, and subcontractor overhead and profit, as well as review subcontractor bids and submittals for conformance with the specifications.
- Bid compiling and submission
- Submittals/product procurement
- Coordinating manpower and schedule
- Change order management
- Financial oversight and forecasting
- Project closeout
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Has mastered the ability to read and understand construction documents including project plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Possesses an appreciation of the value of building a professional network of industry and community relationships that will help AMHigley learn about future project opportunities, and a commitment to playing an active role in securing future business.
- Demonstrates ability to create/maintain client relationships and further develop the market.
- Demonstrates a commitment to creatively engage and lead in program development and initiatives that develop the group and benefit the company.
- Demonstration of receiving high ratings for client satisfaction, safety performance and project execution on projects he or she leads.
- Can demonstrate problem-solving ability, as well as “Team” Leadership abilities.
- Possesses competency in business writing and public presentation skills, and is motivated to become a compelling presenter, motivator, and team leader.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully negotiate contract agreements with Subcontractors and material suppliers; and to successfully administer that during a project.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of establishing project schedules, including critical milestone dates; and managing the schedule, holding all project stakeholders: Owner, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors, and Suppliers accountable for on-time performance.
Has a strategic planning mindset and can generate leads, attend company functions, maintain all relationships, and mentor project engineers.
- Understands the project pursuit process and has the associated presentation skills, and high-level scheduling abilities, and understands how to put together general conditions, reimbursables, and overall project budgets.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the values and ethics that differentiate AMHigley in the competitive marketplace.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Holds a four-year Construction Management or Estimating degree, or equivalent professional development and training.
- Has at least five (5) years of Project Management, or Assistant Project Management experience with increasing responsibility and construction values between $0.5MM and $3MM+ OR (10) years of experience in carpentry field work along with the ability and inclination to navigate and operate technology.
- Has a portfolio of completed projects where he or she can demonstrate previous success in delivering projects on time, within budget, safely, to the highest standards of craft quality, and profitably.
- Demonstrates proficiency within Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Procore, PlanGrid, and other associated software platforms.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIREMENTS:
As part of your employment with The Albert M. Higley Co. an initial pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required. This is followed by company-wide annual and random drug and alcohol testing for all employees for the duration of your employment. The Albert M. Higley Co. prohibits employees from being under the influence of substances such as drugs or alcohol during work hours. The Albert M. Higley Co. is dedicated to the Safety of all individuals in our offices and our job sites.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 25 days of Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health/Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- 401k Contributions/Match
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off & Gift Match Program
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Paid Family Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Years of Service Awards
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
- Capability for up to 16 hours/week of remote work.
- Casual Friday Policy
THE ALBERT M. HIGLEY CO. IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
At The Albert M. Higley Co., we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet Equal Employment Opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at The Albert M. Higley Co. are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.