The MEP Coordinator (MEPC) is a professional with previous experience who manages one or more projects at any given time. The MEPC will oversee and direct preconstruction, engineering, and field installation of all Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) systems. He or she leads the coordination effort and conducts project meetings. The MEPC is the project team’s single point of contact for all technical issues and contractual requirements. The MEPC coordinates closely with the Project Superintendent and Project Manager, and typically reports to the Director of MEP Coordination. He or she rotate their time between the office and field, visiting their projects several times weekly. The MEPC provides exceptional customer service to colleagues in the office and field, owners, owner’s representatives, architects, engineers, subcontractors, regulatory officials, and other project stakeholders. The MEPC reports to the Director of MEP Coordination, in the Project Control Group. The MEPC coordinates closely with the Project Controls Team, BIM Manager, Project Superintendent and Project Manager.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that any single individual will possess all of the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Passion for the core values, ethics, and integrity of The Albert M. Higley Co.
- Holds at least a four-year mechanical or electrical engineering degree or a journeyman certification in an applicable trade.
- Has at least ten (10) years of engineering or construction experience with increasing responsibility.
- Has a portfolio of completed projects where he or she can demonstrate previous success in delivering projects on time, within budget, safely, to the highest standards of craft quality, and profitably.
- Has knowledge of the engineering principles and practices along with standards, codes, and regulations.
- Has knowledge of local building codes, standards, inspection, troubleshooting and investigation techniques.
- Has mastered the ability to read and understand construction documents including project plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the values and ethics that differentiate AMHigley in the competitive marketplace.
- Strong understanding of building systems. Has the ability to manage throughout lifecycle of the project, the ability to assist in MEP coordination during buy out, startup of projects, and construction through commissioning and closeout.
- Possesses an appreciation of the value of building a professional network of industry and community relationships that will help AMHigley learn about future project opportunities, and a commitment to playing an active role in securing future business.
- Possesses advanced competency in business writing and public presentation skills, and is motivated to become a compelling presenter, motivator, and team leader.
- Demonstrates a commitment to creatively engage and lead in program development and initiatives that develop the group and benefit the company.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.