The Albert M. Higley Co. has an immediate need for a full-time PROJECT ACCOUNTANT.
The Project Accountant reports up to the Director of Finance and Administration with a direct report to Project Accounting Supervisor. The Project Accountant will develop knowledge of construction accounting and project financials.
- Passion for the core values, ethics, and integrity of The Albert M. Higley Co.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the area of accounting, finance, and/or mathematics with one to three years of experience preferred
- Construction accounting and billing experience preferred
- Understanding of the procedures, concepts and practices of construction accounting and financial analysis
- Familiarity with AIA documents, G702, G703, change orders, schedule of values, construction agreements, and job costing
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills with a high degree of team orientation
- Candidate should be an effective communicator, show attention to detail and have strong execution skills
- Proficiency in use of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience with an ERP systems and intermediate understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- High integrity and core values
- Manage the financial life cycle of construction projects from inception through closing
- Manage the Accounts Payable / Receivable process related to projects including:
- Processing owner progress billings as well as managing the creation, review, and submission to all stakeholders
- Collection of accounts receivable pay applications from our clients
- Timely processing & remittance of accounts payable pay applications to our subcontractors
- Helping to facilitate the processing of cash receipts and the prompt payment of associated subcontractors
- Participate in month-end close reconciliations and processes including job costing, journal entries, variance reporting, ensuring vouchers and invoices are posted to appropriate periods, and other month-end checklist tasks
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.