The Project Engineer (PEng) is an entry-level position that exposes the candidate to all of the possible career paths available with the firm through departmental rotations in the office and the field during 2-3 years. Through rotations in operations, safety, project controls, estimating, and business development, the PEng develops a mastery of basic company processes, procedures, and systems to determine a career path best suited for his or her unique skills and interests. The PEng reports to different departmental and project leaders during his or her rotations. The PEng often rotates between office and field localities for the projects or assignments that he or she may be servicing at any given time. The PEng provides exceptional customer service to colleagues in the office and field, owners, owner’s representatives, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and other project stakeholders.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that any single individual will possess all of the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Holds a four-year engineering, construction management, or related college degree
- Has successfully completed at least two (2) college co-op project assignments to establish the basis for a solid understanding of construction practices, means, and methods.
- Holds engineering certifications such as EI, and industry certifications resulting from memberships in organizations like OSHA, USGBC, CMAA, or ASHE.
- Has a portfolio of completed projects where he or she can demonstrate previous experience in project administration and submittals processing.
- Has the ability to read and understand construction documents including project plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the values and ethics that differentiate AMHigley in the competitive marketplace.
- Possesses an appreciation of the value of building a professional network of industry and community relationships that will help AMHigley learn about future project opportunities, and a commitment to playing an active role in securing future business.
- Possesses advanced competency in business writing and presentation skills, and a commitment to continued development of the same.
- Demonstrates a commitment to problem solving, process improvement, and a willingness to contribute to initiatives that may go beyond the scope of his or her position.
- Receives a satisfactory employment background check.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.