FULL-TIME POSITION: POSTED ON JULY 15, 2021
Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager, Self-Perform (Cleveland)
The Albert M. Higley Co. is Cleveland’s largest local commercial construction company. Our firm has unmatched experience in the northeast Ohio marketplace. Since 1925, the firm has put in place more than $8 billion of commercial, industrial, and institutional construction. No firm can claim longer or stronger working relationships with northeast Ohio-based subcontractors, suppliers, and regulatory agencies. We are accomplished construction managers and very competitive lump sum general contractors. Our firm is renowned for the quality of the projects we deliver and the unquestioned integrity of our associates.
AMHigley created our Customer Service Group to respond to unique construction challenges, provide ongoing service and maintenance, and install specialty systems that might not be ideal for a traditional large construction company. CSG is responsible for ensuring the right tradespeople, are in the right place at the right time, with the mandate of making AMHigley self-perform labor a value add to every project. CSG’s approach to projects is that of a small, dedicated builder, but additionally benefitting from, and being supported by AMHigley’s preconstruction, safety, and project controls groups.
The Customer Service Group (CSG) is seeking a self-motivated, team player for a project management position in our self-perform division to estimate and oversee multiple self-perform projects for our Construction Management teams.
The Customer Service Group Self-Perform Project Manager (CSG SP PM/SPM) is a professional with previous experience who manages one or more projects at any given time. The CSG SP PM is responsible for the satisfactory performance of all AMHigley staff assigned, specifically self-perform, to achieve project budget, schedule, and profitability goals. He or she would assist the self-perform manager in leading the project pursuit and purchasing effort, administering trade contracts, conducting all project meetings, and preparing all project reports. The CSG SP PM coordinates closely with the CSG Superintendent(s) / Field Staff and reports to an Operations Group Project Executive or Vice President. He or she will rotate their time between the office and field, visiting their projects/clients several times weekly. The PM provides exceptional customer service to colleagues in the office and field, owners, owner’s representatives, architects, engineers, subcontractors, regulatory officials, and other project stakeholders.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that any single individual will possess all of the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Holds a four-year engineering or construction-related degree.
- Has at least two (2) years of engineering, or assistant project superintendent experience with increasing responsibility and construction values between $0.5MM and $3MM+.
- Has a portfolio of completed projects where he or she can demonstrate previous success in delivering projects on time, within budget, safely, to the highest standards of craft quality, and profitably.
- Has mastered the ability to read and understand construction documents including project plans, specifications, and shop drawings. This specifically includes self-perform scopes of work such as demolition, carpentry, and drywall & acoustical.
- Possesses an appreciation of the value of building a professional network of industry and community relationships that will help AMHigley learn about future project opportunities and a commitment to playing an active role in securing future business.
- Demonstrates a commitment to creatively engage and lead in program development and initiatives that develop the group and benefit the company.
- Demonstration of receiving high ratings for client satisfaction, safety performance, and project execution on projects he or she leads.
- Can demonstrate problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrates ability to create/maintain client relationships and further develop the market.
- Demonstrates “Team” Leadership ability.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully negotiate contract agreements with Subcontractors and material suppliers and successfully administer that during a project.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.