FULL TIME POSITION
PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT (PITTSBURGH)
The Project Superintendent (PS) is a professional with previous experience who is typically responsible for one project at any given time. He or she oversees AMHigley self-performed work, the work of subcontractors, scheduling material and labor, inspection of materials and workmanship, field safety training, and all on-site operations. The PS is the single point of contact for the Owner and all project stakeholders in the field. The PS coordinates closely with the Project Manager and typically reports to an Operations Group Project Executive or Vice President. This is a field position that makes occasional visits to the office for training or project reporting. The PS provides exceptional customer service to colleagues in the office and field, owners, owner’s representatives, architects, engineers, subcontractors, regulatory officials, and other project stakeholders.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that any single individual will possess all of the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Holds a four-year engineering, construction management, or related degree.
- Has at least five (5) years of construction field experience with an increasing level of responsibility to establish the basis for a solid understanding of construction practices, means, and methods.
- Has a portfolio of completed projects approaching $10 million where he or she can demonstrate previous success in delivering projects on time, within budget, safely, and to the highest standards of craft quality.
- Has mastered the ability to read and understand construction documents including project plans, specifications, and shop drawings
- Holds engineering certifications, such EI or PE, and industry certifications resulting from memberships in organizations like OSHA, USGBC, CMAA, or ASHE.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the values and ethics that differentiate AMHigley in the competitive marketplace.
- Possesses an appreciation of the value of building a professional network of industry and community relationships that will help AMHigley learn about future project opportunities and a commitment to playing an active role in securing new business.
- Possesses advanced competency in business writing and public presentation skills, and is motivated to become a compelling presenter, motivator, and team leader.
- Demonstrates a commitment to creatively engage and led in program development and initiatives that develop the group and benefit the company.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.