Senior Electrical Project Estimator
The Senior Electrical Project Estimator will work closely with the preconstruction team, taking the lead in producing estimates and forecasting costs for Commercial Construction projects. Construction Markets include Corporate, Industrial and Manufacturing Healthcare, Education, Non-Profit, Assisted Living, Multi-family, Science and Research Facilities.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that an individual will possess all the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Passion for the core values, ethics, and integrity of The Albert M. Higley Co.
- Holds a Bachelors in Construction Management, Architecture, or related area preferred; relevant trade experience and a working knowledge of construction systems will receive equal consideration.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for construction and can demonstrate they understand the sequence and techniques used in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of General Trades Estimating is a plus.
- Knowledge of BIM/Revit is a plus.
- Understanding of low voltage, tel/data, and specialty systems used in commercial construction, particularly systems used in Healthcare is required.
- Working knowledge of system design is necessary.
- Ability to review and analyze plans, specifications, and design narratives.
- Perform quantity takeoff and pricing of all associated system components inclusive of labor, material, and subcontractor overhead and profit.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors to validate and confirm equipment costs and unit costs.
- Use On-Screen Takeoff and Office Suite products to prepare estimates.
- Assist the design team with value-added suggestions and pricing exercises.
- Support the Project Managers with detailed scopes of work for bidding and post-bid scope reviews with subcontractors.
- Review subcontractor bids and submittals for conformance with the specifications.
- Communicate estimate and project details to the clients, architects, engineers, and project stakeholders.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.