Senior Project Estimator
The Senior Project Estimator will have experience working in Preconstruction for a Commercial General Contractor/Construction Manager in construction markets that include Corporate, Healthcare, Education, Industrial, and Manufacturing, Non-Profit, Assisted Living, Multi-family, Science and Research Facilities. The Senior Project Estimator will report directly to the Vice President of Preconstruction and work closely with the preconstruction team, taking the lead in producing estimates and forecasting costs for all general trades in a variety of construction applications.
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE
It is unlikely that an individual will possess all the credentials and skills we describe below, which represent the company’s vision for this position. We encourage you to apply if you possess some of these credentials or skills and the desire to develop your career in these directions should you join our firm.
- Passion for the core values, ethics, and integrity of The Albert M. Higley Co.
- Holds a Bachelors in Construction Management, Architecture, or related area preferred; relevant trade experience and a working knowledge of construction systems will receive equal consideration.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for construction and can demonstrate they understand the sequence and techniques used in the construction industry.
- A self-starter with good time management skills is essential in this position.
- Can review and analyze plans and specifications
- The successful candidate should be able to quantify all the designed components of the systems but also reasonably “fill in” the gaps and include cost allowances for the incomplete components of the systems.
- Should have a thorough understanding of how the following systems are designed and constructed:
- Civil and sitework improvements
- Foundations – including deep foundation systems
- Structural Systems – Steel, Concrete and Masonry
- Enclosure Systems – Masonry, Metal Panels, Curtainwall/Storefront
- Interior Construction – non-load bearing partitions, demountable partitions, doors/frames/hardware, millwork
- Interior Finishes – all types of flooring, painting, ceiling systems
- Division 10 specialties
- A solid understanding of MEP systems is a plus
- Can perform quantity takeoff and pricing of all system components, inclusive of labor, material, and subcontractor overhead and profit.
- Able to use On-Screen Takeoff and Office Suite products to prepare estimates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors to validate and confirm costs and unit costs.
- Assist the design team with value added suggestions and pricing exercises.
- Support the Project Managers with detailed scopes of work for bidding and post bid scope reviews with subcontractors.
- Review subcontractor bids and submittals for conformance with the specifications.
- Take the lead in communicating estimate and project details to the clients, architects, engineers, and project stakeholders.
- Special consideration will be given to the candidate that can produce a complete Conceptual Estimate from limited information.
- Assist owners validate and manage their budget through the design process with the objective of determining a responsible subcontractor bid day cost.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.