The Staff Accountant is a forward-thinking professional with a formal education in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics and is familiar or can make themselves familiar with the principles and best practices of accounting. For this position, no prior experience is required but the individual should be a self-starter with a natural curiosity and the desire to utilize technology to improve processes. The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller working closely with them, the Vice President of Finance & Administration, the Bank Manager, and the AP Specialist. This individual also works closely with project accounting as well as other departments to confirm everything is being accounted for correctly.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Month End Close Activities: Monthly Journal Entries, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations, General Ledger adjusting entries, & Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist with ERP Software Management & Enhancement Requests.
- Build and Review Ancillary and Ad hoc Reports.
- Audit Construction Projects for Proper Accounting & Document Retention.
- Perform Financial Review of Vendors/Subcontractors.
- Year End Audit Activities.
- Back-up for Accounts Payable Process.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize, prioritize and be a self-starter.
- Knowledge of GAAP, including the ability to research and apply accounting standards.
- Ability to work and analyze projects independently as well as to collaborate with others in a team environment when necessary.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Natural curiosity to figure out how things work and to improve upon them.
- Technologically savvy with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word, ERP accounting systems, BI Tools, and databases.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Holds at least a four-year bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics.
- Although no previous experience is required for this position, at least one year of experience is preferred.
DRUG & ALCOHOL SCREENING:
As part of your employment with The Albert M. Higley Co. an initial pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required. This is followed by company-wide annual and random drug and alcohol testing for all employees for the duration of your employment. The Albert M. Higley Co. prohibits employees from being under the influence of substances such as drugs or alcohol during work hours. The Albert M. Higley Co. is dedicated to the Safety of all individuals in our offices and our job sites.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 25 days of Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health/Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- 401k Contributions/Match
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off & Gift Match Program
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Paid Family Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Years of Service Awards
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
- Capability for up to 16 hours/week of remote work.
- Casual Friday Policy
The Albert M. Higley Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At The Albert M. Higley Co., we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet Equal Employment Opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at The Albert M. Higley Co. are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Submit your résumé to be considered for this position.