HELPING COLLEGES, UNIVERSITIES AND SCHOOLS BUILD 21ST CENTURY
THAT ALIGN WITH THEIR GOALS AND VISION
OBERLIN COLLEGE | PETER B. LEWIS GATEWAY CENTER
AMHigley served as Construction Manager at Risk for Oberlin College’s Peter B. Lewis Hotel at Oberlin. The $30 million, four-story, 104,000 SF Gateway Center houses the college’s admissions department, other offices, a flexible learning space called the OC Studio, a restaurant/bar, basement-level night club and 11,000 SF of ground-level retail. The project’s 70-room hotel and conference center are one of only five hotels in the country to receive LEED-Platinum certification.
- Construction occurred adjacent to the operating Oberlin Inn that AMHigley constructed in 1950
- This is the 10th project awarded to our firm by Oberlin College since 1946.
- Successful coordination of union and non-union subcontractors.
- Operating off-shift and weekend hours to accelerate schedule, due to scope changes.
- With limited supply storage space, we employed a just-in-time delivery approach so that all required building materials arrive within the week contractors install or employed them
- The project was awarded ENR Midwest’s Green Project Award of Merit in 2017
Solomon Cordwell Buenz