HOSPITALITY & ENTERTAINMENT
YOUR GUESTS ARE OUR PRIORITY
THE RITZ-CARLTON, CLEVELAND
AMHigley recently served as Construction Manager at Risk for this $27.5 million, 100,000-SF renovation of the Ritz Carlton Hotel at Tower City in downtown Cleveland. The scope involved common space renovations on the 1st, 6th and 7th floor including the main entry lobby, registration areas, elevator lobbies, pre-function areas, banquet hall, fitness center, and the hotel’s 5-star restaurant. The work involved complete finish replacement and updating, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing upgrades, renovation of nine elevators (4 freight and 5 passengers), and a new porte-cochere at the hotel’s exterior entrance.
- This was the first Ritz-Carlton renovation to be completed while open
- The project spent more than a year in pre-construction providing estimating, value engineering and constructability review services to help the Owner meet its budget.
- The project involved multiple micro-phases, to complete all work with minimal disruption to hotel operations. There was no reduction in room capacity while the work completed.
- The project team worked a shift schedule with construction working hours extending from 9 AM to 6 PM to maintain comfort for hotel guests.
- The project involved close coordination with hotel staff as construction operations required common use of freight elevators and material storage took place on available space on other floors of the building.
- The project team is utilized I-Pads in the field to communicate in real time with the design team members who were located out of state.
- Portions of the project were re-phased in order to accommodate “No-Noise” requirements of the guests.
"It's a yes we can attitude, always with a smile, always listening and going above and beyond the client's needs...a true partner. One that is a pleasure to work with. My team and I feel blessed and privileged to work with AMHigley." - Yael Ron, General Manager, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
EDG Interior Architecture & Design